West Oregon Electric Cooperative is seeking a Journey-Level Meter / Substation Technician (Certified Meterman).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A Meterman/ Substation Technician must be a certified Meterman familiar with substation maintenance. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- install, read, maintain, repair, test, and calibrate all substation and generating station meters.
- work with billing, engineering, and operations on the systems to ensure proper operations and reads and maintain a working database.
- perform power quality recording and report findings to engineers and operations and meet with Members to answer questions related to power quality.
- identify, supervise, and perform necessary maintenance testing, operations, and installation of substation equipment including transformers, switches, reclosers, circuit breakers, and regulators.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of a Meter Apprenticeship, or its equivalent, and have the ability to use tools and equipment of the trade.
- Good Driving Record.
- Physical exam required.
- 5+ years experience as a Journeyman Meter Technician
Benefits to you:
- WOEC encourages and pays for continuing education and certifications.
- Overtime opportunities.
- Highly skilled co-workers, passionate and take pride in their jobs.
- Independent working environment.
- Competitive pay and benefit package, including a defined contribution retirement plan.
- Clothing allowance.
Starting Hourly Rate: $59.02
Location: Vernonia, OR
Reports to: Engineering & Operations Manager
Union Status: Union – Local IBEW 125
How to Apply:
Download and complete our Employment Application and return it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.