Energy AssistanceWest Oregon Electric Cooperative signed up to be a member of CoBank and as a result we became eligible for a fantastic new program called “CoBank Sharing Success”. The CoBank Sharing Success program created a charitable fund designed to benefit cooperatives and the charitable groups that they support throughout rural America. Through CoBank Sharing Success, WOEC was able to receive matching funds for our $10,000 donation to the energy assistance program for our members. WOEC works hard to raise money to help WOEC members in need of assistance with their electric bills, and having our donations matched with the $10,000 from CoBank will ensure there will be $20,000 available this winter for our members.

If you find yourself in a difficult situation and are unable to pay your electric bill we would like to help by making payment arrangements with you, and discussing options for energy assistance. However, failure to contact the WOEC office before your service is disconnected for non-payment will result in additional fees.

Oregon Energy Fund, St. Vincent De Paul, and WOEC’s Care to Share energy assistance funds are available to qualifying members. If you are in need of assistance paying your electric bill, please call WOEC at 503-429-3021 for more information.

If you are on a fixed or limited income and need assistance paying your electric bill, the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) may be able to help. LIEAP funds are used to help pay electric, oil, wood, natural gas or propane heating bills.

Eligibility is based on the number of people and total gross income within a household. Gross income is money from all sources before taxes and other deductions. To qualify, a household must meet federal income guidelines.

To browse a list of utilities, state and local social service agencies, community and charitable organizations, as well as other resources please click the link to the Department of Energy’s website at, or call 1-800-221-8035.

To learn more about LIEAP or to schedule an appointment, call one of these numbers:

  • Columbia County, 503-397-4951
  • Clatsop County, 503-325-1400
  • Washington County, 503-648-6646
  • Yamhill County, 503-472-0457