General Office Clerk
Location: Vernonia, OR
Department: Member Service
Reports to: Administrative Services Manager / HR
Union Status: Union – Local IBEW 125
We are looking for a full-time General Office Clerk to join our team! The General Office Clerk will assist members in taking payments, answering calls, service requests, collections, and informing members on cooperative services and programs. Additionally, they will balance daily payments, prepare bank deposit slips, and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of all accounts in the billing department. This position will perform other duties as assigned.
We are seeking a candidate with strong computer skills to learn new software, a friendly attitude, and outstanding attention to detail to provide exceptional member service, and good critical thinking skills to handle a variety of complex processes. Must represent the company in a positive, professional manner. Must display a courteous and respectful attitude toward members and fellow employees.
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Safety Awareness and Participation
- Must know how to use all office machines, computers, and equipment, possess knowledge of basic business practices, and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Be a positive and productive team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must represent the company in a positive, professional manner. Must display a courteous and respectful attitude toward members and fellow employees.
- Must be able to become proficient in member data management software.
- Must possess a valid OR Driver’s license.
This is a full-time position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
How to Apply
Download and complete our Employment Application and return it by e-mail to email@example.com.