West Oregon Electric Cooperative has 23 employees who provide electric service to approximately 4200 meters and 3800 members. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including a defined contribution retirement plan, continued professional development training, and more! We have an excellent team in place that is dedicated to our mission of providing safe and reliable electric service to our membership!
WOEC’s service territory is heavily forested and covers approximately 1200 square miles in parts of 5 counties. WOEC’s headquarters is located in Vernonia, Oregon.
Current Job Openings
Location: Vernonia, OR
Under direction of the Engineering and Operations Manager, a Journeyman Lineman performs assigned work related to the construction, maintenance, and repair of the overhead and underground electric transmission and distribution system and related equipment. This position will perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Successful completion of an approved apprentice program for electric utility journeyman lineman.
- Valid Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) and associated Medical Examiners Certification.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Takes initiative/self-motivated
- Knowledge of technology related to job duties
- Safety Awareness and Participation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
This is a full-time position. This position requires that the employee be available for work outside the normal daily work period. Travel may be required within the five-county service territory during the business day and occasionally overnight. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
How to Apply